Thursday 18 April 2013

Evaluation Question 7

Looking back at my preliminary task I feel as though I have improved a great deal from that time till the making of our final product. As I look back at my preliminary task I realise that my editing have moved on drastically since then.





 In these two screen captures you can see that both are the opening of a door. When looking back at both pieces of work I realised how substantially my match on action skills have improved since the first task. In my preliminary task my match on action was very jumpy and not quite even whereas in my final piece I feel as though my match on action was almost perfectly smooth and worked a great deal better. This is the case with a lot of editing skills.



I also realised that in the final shoot the rule of thirds and the 180 degree rule came a lot more natural whereas in the preliminary task it was very much positioning the camera and then realising that you was outside of the 180 degree rule or that the character was in the completely wrong composition and then  having to change it.

I feel that in my final piece I used a lot more variations of shot types and composition whereas in the preliminary task we stuck to ones that we knew and that we knew would look good without testing out any new ideas. We went for the most obvious shot types, we also didn't think through what shot types to use and just used any that would fit, whereas when we got further into the course I feel that I understand the purpose of a lot of the shot types and compositions and could therefore go away and put those to practice in my final piece.

I also feel that the lighting and colour grading also improved as in the preliminary task we simply white balanced the camera and that was all we did to colour whereas in my final piece I went through and changed the colours to make them darker for the mood or to make them more earthy or freaky looking which made a huge impact to the feel of the film.


No comments:

Post a Comment